How To Differentiate Between Original Samsung Galaxy S4 And A Fake?
How do you know if the Samsung Galaxy S4 you have is original or fake? Samsung is undoubtedly a leading smartphone producer when it comes to performance and high tech features. Its products are being sold in growing numbers, dominating the market and taking over control in the smartphone industry. The users are, however, often deceived by a number of fake Korean versions out there. The fake and the original products may look alike but the performances differ, significantly. This post will cast light on the original Samsung Galaxy S4 and its Korean replica so that you are not hoodwinked by a vendor next time you go for a purchase.
The first thing you should do before you even go out in the market to buy your favorite smartphone is to do your homework and study the pros and cons, thoroughly. It may sound clichéd but you would be surprised how many people actually skip that one.
When you go to purchase a Samsung Galaxy S4, a very common phenomenon is that the fake replica would be sold at a fairly low price than the original handset while the replica will still be tagged as an original Samsung Galaxy S4. It’s up to you to wonder why the phone is being sold at such a low price. Hint: It’s a replica, definitely.
Here are a few key indicators that should help you tell them apart.
- Low quality glossy paintjob on the phone.
- Top and bottom bezels are considerably huge and the phone’s physical dimensions are the same so it shrinks the screen size a bit, and it’s not even a 5 inch display.
The left one shows a replica of Samsung Galaxy S4 with larger hazel on bottom and edges.
- There is an IR LED on the original Samsung Galaxy S4 where as in the Korean replica there is just a dummy hole left on the top.
- Samsung Galaxy S4 has a screen resolution of 1920 x 1080 (441 PPI) but the Korean clone only manages rough and pixelated images with its relatively dull display.
- Samsung Galaxy S4 has a 13 MP primary camera, which is capable of capturing 4128 x 3096 pixels but the fake has a somewhat low quality camera hardware which doesn’t produce images as crispy as the original one. Plus, it also lacks the camera app functions like drama shot.
- S4 comes with a built in storage of 16GB but the clone has limited storage of 4GB with merely 2GB being user accessible.
- RAM is 1GB in most replicas whereas original Samsung Galaxy S4 comes with 2 gigs of RAM.
- The LED flash on Samsung’s original is white coloured while the fake Samsung comes with LED flash that is usually yellow in colour.
- An original Samsung Galaxy S4 never comes with pre-installed apps like WhatsApp, Twitter and Facebook but the fake one does.
- Samsung has Air Gesture app which allows distant detection of hand movement with reference to the phone, and the original one has proximity ranging to 10cm whereas the clone lags behind with a maximum of 3cm.
- Genuine S4 chipset is manufactured by Samsung while the fake comes with MediaTek or MTK brands usually who manufacture their chipsets. Benchmark Apps like Quadrant, Antutu and CPU-Z detect these features, easily.
- Another way is to connect to the PC software by Samsung, KIES which will cause either failure to properly establish connection or will detect the fake phone.
When a fake S4 is rebooted after a factory reset, its startup language is defaulted to Korean.
Pictorial evidence worth a thousand words
Here are some other differences that you will notice: